Induction Cooktop vs Gas Stove – Which is Better for Cooking?
Gas Stoves have become a traditional means of cooking. Most of us have learned the first potato fry or noodles on Gas Stoves. But, today life has become very hectic. We don’t have enough time for spending in our kitchen. So, we need a smart appliance that can ready our meal with a touch of a switch. Induction Cooktop has fulfilled our desire. But, both of the cooking means, whether it’s Gas Stoves or Induction Cooktop, have their own merits and demerits. In this article, we will discuss the pros and cons of the Induction Cooktop and the Gas Stoves.
Pros & Cons of Induction Cooktop & Gas Stove
At first, we will discuss the pros and cons of the Induction Cooktop.
Pros of using Induction Cooktop
- You can cook your daily meals on Induction Cooktop far quicker than on Gas Stoves. Some Induction Cooktops have built-in menu options on the panel and by touching the desired menu; you can set the appropriate temperature for your meal. You will notice that the Induction Cooktops take significantly lesser time than Gas Stoves for cooking. So, Induction Cooktops are a very time-friendly means of cooking. In today’s busy schedule, when the time is money, Induction Cooktops may be the perfect way for cooking.
- The energy used in the Induction Cooktops is more economical because the Induction Cooktops only heat the cooktop surface and the cookware. Nothing else is associated with this. You don’t have to experience the sweaty kitchens and there are certainly lesser opportunities for setting something on fire.
- Induction is much safer than gas. Some Induction Cooktops are associated with the child-locking facilities.
- The Induction Cooktops can be cleaned very easily in comparison to the Gas Stoves.
- If you don’t have enough time to stand in front of your cooking, then your Induction Cooktops will take care of your meal on behalf of you with the time-setting facility. You just have to set the time for your cooking and the Induction Cooktops will cook the meal and stop automatically after cooking.
- They are also space-friendly. If your kitchen is very small, then also your Induction Cooktops will be fitted on the space easily, just you need a required power socket.
- One of the most convenient factors is Induction Cooktops are portable. If you are shifting from your place, then you don’t need to worry about the home-made meal. Just place your Induction Cooktops carefully inside a large bag and you will not be going to miss your home-made food at all.
Now, we will discuss the cons of the Induction Cooktops.
Cons of Using Induction Cooktop
- You have to only use Induction-compatible cookwares, not all cookware will be compatible with Induction Cooktops.
- You have to place the Induction Cooktops according to the instructions given in the manual.
- Many persons don’t feel comfortable cooking with Induction Cooktops as they are habituated to cooking on Gas Stoves.
- The Gas Stoves are also associated with their own pros and cons. Let’s catch them one by one.
Pros of Using Gas Stove
- The heat is immediate after switching on the gas. There is no waiting time like Induction Cooktops that is associated with some time for heating the surface. In Gas Stoves, the flame is visible that works as a visual guide about the production of the heat.
- Any cooktop is compatible with Gas Stoves. You should always use a gas stove of good quality for your safety.
- Some people don’t like the touch control panel on the Induction Cooktops, rather then they feel convenient to operate the manual knobs of the Gas Stoves as they like to control the temperature in this way.
- Gas Stoves are cheaper to purchase than Induction Cooktops.
Now, it’s time to check the cons of the Gas Stoves.
Cons of Using Gas Stove
- If you are conscious about your safety, then you should familiarize yourself with all the hazards associated with the Gas Stoves.
- Gas Stoves are difficult to clean and you have to deal with a lot of parts of the Gas Stoves.
- Gas Stoves consume considerable space in the kitchen and if you are the owner of a small kitchen, then it may difficult for you to place the Gas Stoves.
- Energy is wasted during the use of the Gas Stoves as not all the heat is using just for cooking.
- If you are shifting from your place, then you have to manage without the home-made food for some days. Gas Stoves can’t cook food without the gas connection.
Now, it’s your decision what cooking means will be best suited for you.
Also Read :-