Top 5 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India [April 2022] – Expert Reviews
In our country, meals are considered incomplete without rice. It is the most affordable and versatile food item. No matter whether you are cooking biryani, pulao, or kheer, the rice must be perfectly cooked to make the meal delicious and tastier.
Cooking rice on the gas stove might look easier but it needs great effort and guesswork to prevent it from burning, turning mushy, or undercooked. That is where; a rice cooker comes into the picture.
The electric equipment does not need anyone to babysit and stir the food from time to time. It is designed to cook the meal, any variety of rice just by pushing a single button.
[Compare] Top 5 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India 2022
|Cooker Name||Capacity||User Ratings||Price Range||Price in India|
|Prestige PRWO||1.8 Liter||4.7/5||--|
|Panasonic SR-WA||1.8 Liter||4.7/5||--|
|Bajaj RCX||1.8 Litre||4.6/5||--|
|Preethi Touch||6 Litre||4.6/5||--|
|Butterfly Wave||1.2 Litre||4.6/5||--|
[Reviews] Top 5 Best Electric Rice Cookers in India
In this article, we have listed the 5 Best Electric Rice Cookers that are capable enough to make your life easier and stress-free.
#1 Prestige PRWO 1.8-2 Rice Cooker
The Prestige 700-W cooker does not only feature-rich and easy to use but looks very attractive as well. The floral design on the outer side of the cooker makes it appealing and enhances the aesthetic part of your kitchen. Above all, it is the functionality of this rice cooker that makes it desirable.
The cooker is capable of cooking of preparing 1 kg of rice at a time. There are two indicator lights on the cooker that let you know whether the rice is prepared or not. It is just an extra help that makes the cooking task simpler.
The cooker offers different cooking modes such as keep warm and speed cooking. What makes it essential is the variety of dishes it can cook.
- The handles of the cooker keep cool which makes it convenient and comfortable to carry.
- The stainless steel lid ensures close fit which prevents steam to vent out keeping the meal warm.
- The additional cooking pan provided by the company enhances cooking convenience. It allows even distribution of heat for efficient cooking.
- The two controls make cooking extra convenient.
- The power cord is detachable which makes the rice cooker portable and easy to store.
- The body of the rice cooker is not water compatible. It needs to be kept away from water to avoid any kind of accident.
#2 Panasonic SR-WA Rice Cooker
The attractive finishing and reliable features of this Panasonic Rice cooker make it an excellent choice.
Backed with a 2-years warranty on the cooker and 5 years on a cast heater, the rice cooker runs on a power of 750 W. There is a micro switch for reliability.
You can cook 0.75kg of rice at a time. There is one aluminum bowl that easy to wash and easy to use.
- No other similar product is backed up with this kind of warranty.
- Excellent finishing of the product is highly appreciated.
- The model runs through water a little too fast.
#3 Bajaj RCX 5 1.8 Rice Cooker
The brand has always satiated the customer’s needs just like anything. This 1.8-liter rice cooker is another example of the same. The mini electric cooker is an excellent choice for a bachelor. It allows them to cook delicious rice meals without any hassle.
The ergonomic built and cherry red color of the rice cooker matches well with the interiors of any kitchen.
The multifunction rice cooker utilizes just 200W of power and has 0.4L of capacity to cater to the food needs of a single person.
The rice cooker is designed with a transparent lid and there are light indicators that make it easier to monitor the preparation of rice. The lid ensures a tight fit preventing the escape of steam. The straightforward operations of the cooker make it an ideal choice.
The lightweight appliance is portable and thus can be easily carried while traveling.
- The aluminum cooker bowl is easy to support.
- It can cover 1 kg of rice at a time.
- The detachable power cord is easy to use and thus portable.
- The steam can be intense at the start and thus should be used with care.
#4 Preethi Touch EPC005 6-Litre Electric Pressure Cooker
This 5-in-1 multifunctional electrical appliance can be used as a rice cooker, pressure cooker, steamer, sauté pan, and warmer. It is built with the latest nutri++ technology to increase the health quotient of the food. The nutrient bioavailability of food ensures healthier cooking and healthier life.
The 6-liter cooker is ideal for a big family of 4-6 people. It is not meant for cooking only but reheating as well. There is a push-button on the top of it to keep your food warm.
The pot of the cooker is designed in such a way that its food is cooked uniformly every time. The water level indicator avoids the risk of any confusion during cooking.
The rice cooker includes 15 pre-programmed smart Indian recipes like rice, khichdi, veg biryani, dal, rajma, soup, steamed idli, steamed vegetables, cake, pav bhaji, gajar halwa, veg curry, chicken, meat, and sauté.
Apart from that, the rice cooker possesses 9 safety levels to control and limit temperature, pressure, and power. Also, the cooker allows both open and closed mode cooking.
The highly functional cooker allows starting pre-defined time from 30 min to 8 hours.
- The aluminum bowl provides a comfortable surface all around.
- The one-year warranty covers enough protection.
- The front looks of the Preethi rice cooker make it appealing.
- It takes a bit of time to recognize the mechanism of the particular food item.
#5 Butterfly Wave 1.2-Litre Multi-Cooker
One of its kind, the butterfly wave 1.2L cooker is made from a durable and elegant stainless steel body. The 360-degree swivel base not only makes it look aesthetically beautiful but adds to its utility as well.
There is a temperature control knob that allows you to set for different suitability like water, tea, and soups. The see-through transparent lid makes it easier to check the progress of cooking.
The wider mouth of the rice cooker allows you to use and clean the bowl easily. The auto switch-off capacity of the cooker relieves the responsibility of keeping the check and turning it off.
- It allows you to prepare instant tea, coffee, noodles, pasta, boil eggs, etc.
- It is lightweight and compact.
- Ideal for singles and bachelors.
- It does not have a control for adjusting the temperature on the inside.
You might be intrigued by the wide range of electric rice cookers that can help you with daily cooking tasks. You need to look at which product matches your specific food requirements.
Every option is just a little different from the other one. However, all of these models are worth checking out. Try these choices and see which one suits your general cooking needs.